Appreciative

Okay, so. I know I haven't posted anything in a really long time, forgive me. I was preoccupied by facebook's new "@" feature for a good 3 months. (Not really, though, it is pretty sweet) ANYWAY. A lot has happened since then and I find myself extremely thankful to God for all of the blessings he has given me in my life right now, challenging and stressful though it may be.

I was recently able to go home to Houston, Texas on leave for a good chunk of time and it was a real great respite for me. I truly indulged in the company of my family and my closest friends and really just soaked up not just the wonderful Houston humidity, but the love of God that I was receiving through my friends and family. I became aware that when visiting home for only a short period of time it is really important to pick and choose carefully whom to spend your time with. And I found myself extremely appreciative that I didn't have to be too scrutinizing. I'm lucky enough to have close friends and family that are all loving, fun, caring, and insightful individuals. I surrounded myself with people that I knew had great love for me, and for God and could therefore encourage and admonish me in my walk with Christ and help me work through the struggles in my life right now in the mostly Christly fashion. :] So I feel my time was very well spent with exactly the right people. I was very persistent to spend as much time as possible with my best friend Sarah, and I have to say the countless hours I spent at Starbucks sitting around reading and surfing the internet and joking with her as she worked were pretty much the highlight of my trip. I love her more than I can say. Also the hours we spent gallivanting at Wal-Mart, or socializing with schizophrenics, or just sitting in my parked truck in an abandoned parking lot talking until four in the morning, were pretty much amazing.

Anyway. I have also become immensely appreciative of several other things that I will briefly mention here; my brother's steadily growing intellect :], Texas (and all that it implies), YouTube-Sarah also made sure to update my YouTube curriculum and showed me the MadTV "Bon Qui Qui at King Burger" video, "Can I have your number" video, the "Job Interview" video, and the now infamous "Huntsville Rapist" video, which is spearheaded my fascination with Antoine Dodson (I ordered a T-Shirt online yesterday :] ). Also I have assembled a comprehensive arsenal of great Christian books that I will list here (which I am reading in order to encourage and assert myself in my current self-chosen stint of celibacy): Captivating by John and Stasi Eldredge, I Kissed Dating Goodbye by Josh Harris, and finally, Passion and Purity by Elisabeth Elliot.

Comments

Popular Posts